GSOC Week 6
While I thinker with a solution to my last week’s equation problem, I started working on the API design and how to put all the work in a Linux Kernel module. After failing miserably at my first attempt, I revisited my bookmarked library and found this brilliant guide to LKMs on the BeagleBone Black.
Now I just have to go from a piece of paper with my requirements to some runnable kernel code.
- Educating myself on sysfs and Linux Kernel Module programming
- Requirements and API design (and still working on it)
- Tried writing an overall design and it wasn’t looking quite good, went back to read a bit on sysfs and LKMs
- Yury’s method works extremely well; still have to figure out how to get a rotation matrix from eigenvector output
- Solving the non-linear equations is currently on hold; Mathematica is a possible solution
To be worked on:
- Write API header from requirements
- Overall systems design (and put it on a graph)
- Choose a sysfs structure, start writing the kernel module
- Figure out the eigenvector rotation matrix