GSOC Week 12
Found an adequate solution to the solver using Python. The inspiration came from a blogpost for a similar ellipsoid fitting optimization. It’s gonna need a bit of fixing to work more like the Octave setup I have now, but that shouldn’t be a problem.
Next up, write ALL the documentation!
- Found a proper solution to the ellipsoid fitting in Python.
- Needs a bit of fixing, but will be up and running in a couple of hours.
- Plotting the fitted data in a nice example program.
- Good news, I found out what’s happening under the hood in the eig() function in MATLAB. Partially bad news, it’s pre-compiled FORTRAN.
- Since Python’s NumPy library uses the same solver underneath, will just go with that for now.
- Well, 48 hours a day would be nice, but probably still not enough.
To be worked on:
- Patch up the solver, and integrate it into the code.
- Split it up into a proper Python package.
- Document everything!